Need support? 1-800-932-1619

FAQ - Participation in OReGO

How can I volunteer?

To volunteer, fill out an application and receive notification of your application status within 2 business days.

What do I need to volunteer?

You need basic information about the vehicle you want to register:

  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • Current odometer reading
  • License Plate
  • Address where your vehicle is registered (can be your home address)
  • A valid email address

Am I eligible to participate in OReGO?

Everyone with an eligible vehicle is welcome to enroll. That means that your vehicle must be registered in Oregon and have technology compatible with mileage reporting. Some older model vehicles may be in that category. Vehicles that have a combined rating of less than 20 mpg are also not eligible.

While the program is open to all Oregonians, ODOT will evaluate vehicles for participation in OReGO based on the following legislative requirements:

  • Vehicle has a combined rating of at least 20 miles per gallon.
  • Motor vehicle has to be classified as passenger vehicle.

For more information, check out the OReGO Program website.

What if I want to stop participating in the program?

If for any reason you would like to stop participating in the program, please contact us online or call 800 - 932 - 1619. Road usage charge will stop calculating the day you contact us to close your account. If you contact us outside business hours, your account will be closed the next business day.

Can I register more than one vehicle on my account?


Of course, you can. Go online to your account and fill out an application for the additional vehicle. ODOT will check whether your vehicle is eligible for the program.


Where can I find my VIN?

The VIN, vehicle identification number, is a unique serial number for your vehicle. Your VIN can be found in a number of places, including printed inside the driver’s door (open the door and look at the edge), on the dashboard where the dash meets the windshield on the driver’s side, and in the engine bay or on the underside of the hood. The VIN should also be printed on your vehicle registration card and insurance policy.

Bottom Gadget